Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mourinho to San Siro?


Last March 7, 2008, I heard a news commentary on Jose Mourinho. One particular thing caught my attention. He said that he didn't have any bad feelings against his past workmates but when he gets back to the club manager scene, he will "crush Chelsea FC". Of course, I was a big fan of Chelsea FC and if I didn't have any respect for Mourinho, considering that he is a great manager, this news report would've ticked me off.

So when will this "crushing start?"

Excerpts from http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ and http://soccerlens.com/ -

"By Jimmy James, Special to SI.com, Goal.com

A report from the English press has claimed that José Mourinho has just one week to accept or reject the job as Inter's next manager.

Speculation raged last week that the ex-Chelsea boss had flown to Italy to meet Nerazzurri officials just a day ahead of Inter's crunch Serie A clash against Lazio.

Mourinho has since denied those reports, but The Sun is nonetheless claiming that the Portuguese's agent, Jorge Mendes, did travel to Milan to hold talks without his client.

Mourinho has said he doesn't want to meet Inter president Massimo Moratti, suggesting that he's not interested in the $48 million, four-year deal the San Siro outfit has put on the table.

[Update: Jose Mourinho has denied any meeting with Inter. In an official statement:

“I say categorically that it is not true that I went to Milan, that I met with Massimo Moratti (the Inter president), who I do not have the pleasure of knowing personally.

It is false to say that I am on the point of signing a contract with Inter Milan.”]

-Soccerlens.com

He supposedly has one week to accept or decline the Nerazzurri offer, but Mourinho is said to be keeping his options open with AC Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid all possibly opting for a change of coach this summer."

-Sports illustrated.com

I'm really excited for his return to the Club manager scene because I know that he will be able to make his teams win league titles. Also, I'm intrigued at the idea of him "crushing" his former club.

Do you think that he will be able to do this?


-16



3 comments:

JM said...

I think he may try and hold out for one of the spanish clubs. That is quite a risk to take though so maybe he would be advised to take the job at Inter!

Shauz said...

Yeah, he's not even sure if the spanish clubs will try to get him for managerial positions.

JM said...

I have posted a link of your blog at the bottom of mine!

 
ss_blog_claim=73cf6f160f54a5baa19bc19662cac244